Heard From The Surgeon

I haven't posted in a while, and I'm sorry for that. I know a lot of you, like me - have been waiting and waiting to see what the surgeon would say. I am pleased to announce that he did get in contact with us. (Yes we had to wait two weeks for it, but hey - at least we heard from him!).
He will be leaving UPMC to go work at a different hospital. The new hospital is called Hospital at University of Pennsylvania. HUP (Penn) for short. I am able to follow him though, which is a huge relief. We were worried he'd be going to a hospital that was out of network with my insurance. I'll still be having to fly all the way out to Pennsylvania and live there when I need the transplant. 

The surgeon wants me to continue to see the people at Stanford as well as the people at UPMC. Then, in the summer time I will go over to HUP and meet him and his team there - just to get acquainted with them all. When I eventually need the transplant, that is when my care will transfer to HUP. 

Personally, I was hoping he'd move to some place closer. The move is one of the things I dread most about this whole process. On the positive side though, HUP is in Philadelphia - which is much closer to New York. New York as many of you know has held so many wonderful memories for me and my family, so perhaps we can schedule some time to go back and explore the wonderful city in between doctor appointments. On top of being one of my favorite cities to go to, my brother lives in New Jersey and if we are able to visit New York, then it is just a simple train ride away from seeing him and his adorable little girls! 

All in all though - the phone call was good and it was a relief to hear from him and get all of our questions answered. I'm sorry I took so long to post, I have been sick with asthma problems lately and just haven't had a lot of energy. My oxygen level got into the 70's at one point and I was on oxygen 24/7. Now that I've started some steroids and an antibiotic though - I'm starting to feel better. 

Thank you guys for all your love and support - it means so much to me! 
Hope and Love,
Becca 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Feel free to comment and share a story!

 
My Life As A Chronically
Ill Young Adult
Blog Design by Ipietoon